Lesson : 1
Course : The Flying Car Nanodegree Program
Examples of A/B testing in industry:
Examples mentioned in the video:
- Google tested 41 different shades of blue.
- Amazon initially decided to launch their first personalized product recommendations based on an A/B test showing a huge revenue increase by adding that feature. (See the second paragraph in the introduction.)
- LinkedIn tested whether to use the top slot on a user’s stream for top news articles or an encouragement to add more contacts. (See the first paragraph in “A/B testing with view based JSON” section.)
- Amazon determined that every 100ms increase in page load time decreased sales by 1%. (In “Secondary metrics” section on the last page)
- Google’s latency results showed a similar impact for a 100ms delay.
- Kayak tested whether notifying users that their payment was encrypted would make users more or less likely to complete the payment.
- Khan Academy tests changes like letting students know how many other students are working on the exercise with them, or making it easier for students to fast-forward past skills they already have. (See the question “What is the most interesting A/B test you’ve seen so far?”)